Sorry about the weird audio!
Creepy Corrections Conclusions & Clarifications
- Being an ethanol scientist
- Ryan says, “I currently work for a yeast company, actually. So, I go to ethanol plants that use our yeast and help make sure that they’re making ethanol as efficiently as possible. That involves various tests, like throwing the beer under a microscope so I can see how the yeast look and count them and stuff.”
- Romance languages (French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian) came from Vulgar Latin (nonstandard form of Latin spoken in the Mediterranean region during and after the classical period of the Roman Empire.
- Wildlife collectors permit
- Essentially has to be for scientific or educational purposes. You are probably going to need a sponsoring institution for approval.
- Picture of potential yeti
Corrections, Conclusions and Clarifications
- Couldn’t find anything about baseball riots except that boston rioted after 2004 world series when they swept the cardinals. Bummer!
Source: St. Louis Magazine
Extra New DNA Helping Solve Cold Cases
Southside Rapist Stabbed in Prison
Confessions of the Southside Rapist
Creepy Corrections, Conclusions and Clarifications
- Where does rum come from? Spoiler: not pirates.
- Where does vodka come from?
- Is it committing a crime to take animal remains from a conservation area?
- Collecting wild animals (including invertebrates) and their unprocessed parts is prohibited except under the provisions of a valid Wildlife Collector’s Permit, or as otherwise authorized in the Wildlife Code.
Raccoon(?) Skull – Look at those purdy teeth!
Photo Credit: Heidi
- Greenbriar, WV population now around 35,000
- questioning of potential jurors
- Voir dire which is Latin for “to speak the truth.”
Discussion Begins: 21:00
Ghosts who helped solve their own murders!
- Zona Hester Shue
- Red Barn Murder
- Teresita Basa
- Golan Heights Axe Murder
Heidi and Rissa discuss two stories Heidi has a personal connection to — one being the Chain of Rocks Bridge murders.
Content warning: Rape, violence and murder
Discussion Begins: 16:50
Levity Break for Heidi: 47:33 to 1:10
On April 4, 1991 four men raped, murdered, and threw sister Julie and Robin Kerry off the Chain of Rocks bridge. They also robbed their cousin Thomas Cummins and forced him to jump from the bridge.
Julie and Robin Kerry
Source: Fox 2 News Story
Source: St. Louis American
The Chain of Rocks bridge
CREDIT: CHRIS YUNKER | FLICKR
Reginald Clemons in 2014
Credit: MO Dept. of Corrections
- Currently in prison for pleading guilty to two counts of second-degree murder,
two counts of rape and one count of first-degree robbery.
Credit: MO Dept. of Corrections
- Gray was convicted of two counts of first-degree murder.
- On October 26, 2005 he was executed.
- Winfrey pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and forcible rape
- He received a 30 year sentence.
- He was 15 at the time of the crimes.
- He testified against the other three in their trials.
- Pleaded guilty to murder and serving a life sentence.
Writing by Jeanine Cummings
- Article by Kerry sister’s cousin, Jeanine Cummins.
Murder isn’t Black or White
A Rip in Heaven: A Memoir of Murder and Its Aftermath.
Levity Break References
Rissa tells Heidi three stories about possible alien encounters from the Show-Me-State: a crash landing predating Roswell in Cape Girardeau, space penguins in Tuscumbia, and some unidentified lights over a very well known monument.
- Cape Girardeau Crash
- Lights over the Arch
- Space Penguins of Tuscumbia
Content warning: Suicide
Suicide prevention lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Heidi tells Rissa the myths and legends behind Japan’s “Suicide Forest.”
Discussion Begins: 26:50
Rissa talks about the true story the movie, “The Exorcist” was based on as well as strange coincidences that occured on the film set. Rissa and Heidi also reveal their favorite Muppets.
Discussion Begins: 22:30
Corrections, Conclusions and Clarifications: