Discussion: Rissa tells Heidi about two very creepy and strange artifacts that seem to have more to them than meets the eye.
Discussion starts: 00:33:23
Content warning: In the Creepy Corrections, Conclusions and Clarifications we revisit the topic of crime scene cleaners, so if you’re squeamish, skip 00:03:18 – 00:21:17
“Effigy Figure” (rambaramp)
The Catskills Crone
See all the other images and videos we discussed by visiting Greg Newkirk’s post about it. And also visit their website for the Traveling Museum of the Paranormal and the Occult.
Go to the Happy Little Craft Show!
Creepy Corrections, Conclusions and Clarifications
Discussion: Heidi talks about what exactly goes down when you need a corpse clean-up.
If you’re squemish, this episode is not for you. We also mention murder and suicide.
Discussion starts: 8:01 (This seems like a new record for us.)
Sleepwalk With Me
A picture with a bathtub full of human brains
An article about the boy who was decapitated on a water slide
The Darkness (Haunted house in St. Louis)
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty
Death Investigation Academy
Death Investigation Academy Merch
Coroner Talk Podcast
Corrections, Conclusions and Clarifications:
- “Sleepwalk With Me” started out as a live show, turned into a book and then ultimately made into a movie
- The brain is the consistency of Jello
- Can’t find any info about people losing consciousness on Mr. Freeze ride.
- Rissa was really sleepy during this episode and feels she didn’t react horrified enough to the story of Heidi’s co-worker taking out her stitches for her.
- Activated charcoal is regular charcoal that has oxygen added to it for more surface area
- Reddit AMA with Medicolegal Death Investigator
Discussion: The Creepy Club has their first in-studio guest! Rissa’s former roommate and BFF joins them to talk about some very strange and unexplained events that have happened to her.
Discussion starts: 27:06
Discussion: Rissa tells Heidi about the strange origins of some Christmas customs. If you do not want some of your favorite holiday traditions tainted, you might want to skip this one.
Discussion starts: 23:12
Mistletoe berries! Delightful!
Mistletoe in the wild:
Poke berries: Don’t eat these!
Depiction of Krampus
Modern day Krampus Parade pictures
Where Bethlehem is:
Creepy Corrections, Conclusions and Clarifications: