Discussion: Rissa tells Heidi about the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program and how the United States government funded this program to investigate UFO encounters from service members.
Discussion starts: (00:25:12)
Listen to History Goes Bump Podcast!
Images of Man of War jellies washed up on a beach in the Virgin Islands from Rissa’s mom.
- Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program
- Former Pentagon UFO official: ‘We may not be alone’
- Reasons to Believe How seriously should you take those recent reports of UFOs? Ask the Pentagon. Or read this primer for the SETI-curious.
- The military keeps encountering UFOs. Why doesn’t the Pentagon care?
- Former Navy pilot describes UFO encounter studied by secret Pentagon program
- The Pentagon Released New Documents About the ‘Tic-Tac UFO’
Corrections, Conclusions and Clarifications:
- The History Goes Bump Podcast is hosted by Diane Student and no longer is hosted by Denise. Rissa hadn’t listened to the podcast since Denise left the show. Apologies to Diane!
- Chillicothe is pronounced (chil-akoth-E) and is the Shawnee word for “big town.” So it’s not a tribe.
- MRI = magnetic resonance imaging